Sagacious words

Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~ Khalil Gibran

Saturday 14 April 2012

Can I help it?  That I look, see and think, the way that I do?
No, long and hard have I pondered and the conclusive conclusion, is that I cannot.

People see, exactly what they want to see.  Exactly what ever, keeps life 'just so'.  The systems and structures, that enable and secure, what ever is comfortable.  Comfortable, is a value-laden word.  It means, many things, to many people.  What makes me comfortable?  D'you know, I'm not sure.  I know a lot, that much I do confess but whether that is worth anything, is highly debatable.

I knew people, who always seemed to be, on fire.  Seems as if it was contagious. 'To be, is to do', so many people live by that.  'To do, is to be' and so many others by that.  I wonder, have often wondered, what about me.  Can't say either is true for me.  Can say, at some time, one or the other is. I do wonder also, about these philosophical confrontations, that I seem to encounter, every single day.  It's quite disheartening actually.  It seems that there are, as ever predominantly, two types of people- the conformists and the rebels.  How I hate those labels.  I am both and I am neither.  I hate that when people fight, or when they befriend- more often than not, the 'matrix' that enables them, is so clearly visible.  It beggars belief.  And they pull, it would be so funny if it wasn't so tragic.  It seems, might is right.  The mightier the pull, the more righteous the philosophy.  Except that's not 'correct', is it?  It might be, temporarily, to give security and hold on to sanity but no- it's not actually.  How complex we humans are.  By that virtue, how magnificent.  By that vice, how very pathetic.

I wonder about the stars at night that cover the cesspits of human existence.  I wonder about the superficial stars of the artificial day in our modern world.  I'm so on the wrong path; thinking in such a simple way, will get you killed in today's sophisticated world.  The lights that shine, do so because to be, is to do.  The shining of the lights- because to do is to be.  What you see is what you get and what you get is what see and suffer the fools who disagree.  Life shouldn't be strictly about absolutes.  Strict absolutes, go against intrinsic human nature, well that's my assertion.  Not that the 'movers and shakers' would ever concede to such a thing.  That is dis-empowering.  Liars.


No comments:

Post a Comment