Sagacious words

Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~ Khalil Gibran

Thursday 29 March 2012

Do not abandon the faith in me

A scowl of sun struck down my mother, tolling her grave with golden gongs ~ 'Lament' Sylvia Plath


Do not abandon the faith in me-
The wailing grows louder and louder,
And the tears fall as shooting guns-
In time, the echos will cause landslides,

Do not abandon the faith in me,
Set adrift spinning, lost in alien galaxies-
Wave after wave of painful shame;
Moments relayed into a future- 
Weaving a legacy to become undone.

Do not abandon the faith in me,
In vision obscured by lies-
The pain that is slapped away;
As a mountain precipice hides the sun.

Do not abandon the faith in me-
Though steel be born out of fire,
And madness covers gaping wounds-
The dizzy lacerations must stop;
From faith is born vision and strength.

J.Bibi



No comments:

Post a Comment