Sagacious words

Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~ Khalil Gibran

Thursday 5 July 2012

Reflections of Being

I wonder sometimes, how will history judge us?
 How will history judge me? Will our lives fall into the abyss of irrelevance? 
 Or will there be any note, realistic or otherwise- 
as to how we affected the progress of humanity's imprint on planet Earth?
I know that history is written by the victors but it still adds to the reality of 'now'.
 I sometimes think about people like Marco Polo,
 Ibn Battuta, Temujin Khan and Nusayba bint Ka'b, 
they were just people. People who bled and cried, who hoped and dreamed. 
 Some of them more privileged than others but vulnerable all the same.
I wonder, do all people know and understand how it feels to fly?
 People CAN live peacefully, otherwise, we'd all have probably butchered our own families first.
I read something the other day, that we are all a part of the cosmos,
 just as a wave is a part of an ocean. 

The universe makes us, just as from the ocean comes the droplet. 

You could view this in two ways. 


On the one hand, this proves the irrelevance of 'us'.

 In mass and in individual form.

 On the other hand this could also be seen, to prove the relevance of 'us'. 

 In mass and in individual form...

I guess the key is to find the balance between individual power and mass power bases...?


I have a problem with people who speak in absolutist language.
It's true that my 'reality' is mine and all you can hope to do,
 is to influence it. You cannot truly change it, ever. That is my power alone. 
I know that I do it myself, a lot sometimes- 
speak with an authority that is maybe not justified.
 However in order to walk we need to take solid steps- the key though,
 is to understand strongly, how easy it is to get lost... for we are fallible, 
slaves to nature and to the traumas of being born and dying. 

~J.Bibi



No comments:

Post a Comment