Sagacious words

Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary. ~ Khalil Gibran

Friday 6 January 2023

Seeing In Today






Falling down from the life that I knew,

in hindsight I was in survival mode all along.

How could I not be strong when it was the only option?


Looking back, it is clear as a bright day,

I endured and survived such abuse to stay alive.

How could I think straight when I was always fighting?


I walk today in the shadow of my past self,

A terrified child of in the midst of a catastrophised life.

How could I be anything else amongst all of that destruction?


It is strange to have clarity after years of chaos,

a lifting of the mist above the peace hidden by strife.

How can I do anything less than what I must do to thrive?



No comments:

Post a Comment